10 years ago:
Trying to make it through my surgery rotation my third year of medical school. I got home at 9pm the very first day and burst into tears as I walked through the door. And I'm not much of a weeper. I was living with an older man, a scarily ambitious member of the intelligentsia who was the most self-absorbed asshole I ever hope to meet.
1 year ago:
Doing resident interviews. And I was on call one year ago tonight.
Snacks I enjoy:
- Jelly Bellies
- Peanut butter, straight up
- Chocolate ice cream with peanut butter in it
Can't think of any more. I don't much like snacks. I like breakfast and dinner, the rest is kind of a chore.
- Itsy-Bitsy Spider
- Senor Don Gato
That's it. I can't remember lyrics for shit.
- Get a house with a parking spot
- Pay off my student loans
- Keep a nanny on call for when HB has a fever and can't go to daycare and for occasional evenings out
- Visit Australia and New Zealand
- Buy a house for my brother
- People magazine
- Staying up too late
- Sleeping too late on workdays
- Sleeping with the baby
- Reading the Sunday papers while someone else runs herd on the baby
- Sitting on the patio in the summer drinking drinky-drinks
- Painfully pointy shoes
- Alpaca anything
- Heavy earrings
- Plastic flip-flops